W, sounding exasperated: Mama, when are we going to get a race car?!
Me: When you save up enough money for one, I suppose.
W: No! That will take too long. I will need one hundred money for that and I can't save that much.
Me: Yes, it probably will take a long time.
W: You and Dada have money.
Me: Yes. We use our money to pay for our house and our food and our clothes and our car.
W: I am going to steal Dada's money and buy a race car!
Me: But West, if you steal our money, where would we live? How would we eat?
W: We'll live...somewhere. We'll eat things we find. I won't steal your dollars, just your moneys and we will have a race car.
Well. On the plus side, he does have some lofty goals, but I might start guarding my coins a bit more carefully around this one. (Funny thing: he doesn't like to have more than two coins at a time because he feels that it's unnecessary, so anytime he manages to find or earn more than two coins, he gives the rest to Luke. Luke is perfectly happy to take it and count it up and hoard it in his wallet. In the end, Luke does tend to buy two of everything and give one to Weston, so I guess it all evens out somehow.)
Me: When you save up enough money for one, I suppose.
W: No! That will take too long. I will need one hundred money for that and I can't save that much.
Me: Yes, it probably will take a long time.
W: You and Dada have money.
Me: Yes. We use our money to pay for our house and our food and our clothes and our car.
W: I am going to steal Dada's money and buy a race car!
Me: But West, if you steal our money, where would we live? How would we eat?
W: We'll live...somewhere. We'll eat things we find. I won't steal your dollars, just your moneys and we will have a race car.
Well. On the plus side, he does have some lofty goals, but I might start guarding my coins a bit more carefully around this one. (Funny thing: he doesn't like to have more than two coins at a time because he feels that it's unnecessary, so anytime he manages to find or earn more than two coins, he gives the rest to Luke. Luke is perfectly happy to take it and count it up and hoard it in his wallet. In the end, Luke does tend to buy two of everything and give one to Weston, so I guess it all evens out somehow.)
No comments:
Post a Comment