I agreed to lie down with Weston for a few minutes at bedtime, which is always tricky because (1) he has approximately 93 stuffed animals in his bed and he gets grumpy if any of them are moved, so I have to contort my body so as not to disturb the INANIMATE CREATURES and (2) he stays awake forever, so it's not a viable option to stay until he falls asleep and then leave. So after lying there for about 10 minutes, I told him I had to go.
W: No! Stay with me.
Me: I have to go do some stuff on the computer.
W: Stay. With. Me.
Me: Dada might need help with making lunches for tomorrow.
W: Stay.
Me: I have to put on pajama's.
W: No. Stay.
Me: ....I could go print some school work for you to do tomorrow while Luke works.
W: YES! I want one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, eighty-one, eighty-two, eighty-three works! Bye, Mama! Good night!
I forget sometimes that it's all about knowing the audience.
W: No! Stay with me.
Me: I have to go do some stuff on the computer.
W: Stay. With. Me.
Me: Dada might need help with making lunches for tomorrow.
W: Stay.
Me: I have to put on pajama's.
W: No. Stay.
Me: ....I could go print some school work for you to do tomorrow while Luke works.
W: YES! I want one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, eighty-one, eighty-two, eighty-three works! Bye, Mama! Good night!
I forget sometimes that it's all about knowing the audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment