Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Car Key Escapades

I had a very WTF moment this morning (in fact, I actually said "Dude, WTF?" to myself as I was walking to my car...it's not bad enough that I talk to myself, but I now use Internet abbreviations in this ridiculous self-speak. I also throw "LOL" and "Sigh" around in conversation. Because I am just THAT cool). I was walking to my car, juggling my wallet, cellphone, keys, and the baby, who was doing his level best to leap out of my arms and plunge head first down the stairs. As I always do, when I reached the bottom of the stairs, I started jiggling my keys around, trying to find the clicker to my car, which oddly enough, was nowhere to be found. Hence the "Dude, WTF?"

See, I had JUST used my car yesterday and the keys were in order. To the best of my knowledge, no one had used my car after me. So where were my keys? I had the apartment key. The key to the new Explorer. The key to a friend's old house in Virginia. The key to my old office. The key to a suitcase (I think. Not really sure on that one). BUT NO KEY TO THE MATRIX.

Of course, at this point my mind started working overtime, trying to come up with explanations for The Case Of The Missing Key:
1. Aliens. Aliens who eat car keys. Specifically, Toyota car keys.
2. Burglars. Who took the car keys, but left the car. Along with the rest of our possessions.
3. Sleep-driving. Maybe I sleep-drove the car and misplaced the keys upon my return.
4. McMoose. Who maybe belongs to the CIA and was on a secret mission last night that took him to the Matrix reunion. And he needed my car to blend in.

Luckily, I had a spare key, which I used to go to the grocery store to get lunch, but McMoose has some explainin' to do when he gets home. (And I really hope the phrase "secret mission for the CIA" comes into that explanation somehow).

1 comment:

Kate said...

Well Nish, did you find it?