Ha, I just realized it's been over a week since I posted. Where has the time gone? Well...
1. I went shoe shopping. Because I have oh, about a zillion pairs of shoes and NONE OF THEM FIT ME. I watched my feet grow and swell to ridiculous proportions during my pregnancy and I was very hopeful that eventually, they'd go back to their regular size, but apparently, that's not going to happen anytime soon and with the coming of winter, I needed more than flip-flops. Shoe shopping, by the way? Every bit as good as I remembered.
2. I've been working on running stats for an article I'm writing based on my thesis. I took this project on thinking that hey, I already did all the work, so I might as well get a publication out of it, right? WRONG. Because I'm using a slightly different sample for the article (and by "slightly different," I mean that I'm adding in questionnaires done by 60 people that I had previously taken out of my study), so I have to re-do ALL. THE. ANALYSES. This, by the way, was the part that took me months to do the first time around. And I'm doing it again, only this time, I don't have 20 hours a week to sit down and do it, so I steal 30 minutes here and an hour there while the baby sleeps.
3. McMoose took a half-day on Tuesday and we took Luke to the State Fair. I say "took Luke" like this was something we did for his sake, when in fact, we go to the fair every year, specifically so that we can eat fried foods and waste a lot of money on playing pointless games, as a result of which we win giant stuffed animals that take up vast amounts of space in our closets. But Luke enjoyed himself and McMoose and I enjoyed ourselves and the fried foods were delicious and we now own a 2-foot tall stuffed frog and a 3-foot tall blue gorilla that has a diaper and a pacifier. (I don't. Want. To talk about it.)
4. And of course, the usual play dates and meetings and craziness that somehow seems to fill up our weeks.
Back before I had this baby, I absolutely expected that as a stay-at-home mom, I'd be bored out of my skull, mostly because I thought that being a stay-at-home mom involved, you know, staying AT HOME. Ha! Silly me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment