I know that yesterday, I made it out to seem that our trip was all sunshine and butterflies and maybe compared to the doom-and-gloom that I was expecting, it was mostly sunshine and butterflies. But there were definitely some moments when I thought all my fears were coming true. For example, the moment when I realized that I had lost the boarding pass to my very first flight. And the subsequent five minutes that I spent re-tracing my steps, all the while knowing that they were going to start boarding ANY MINUTE NOW. And then, when I finally figured out that I had left it at a food stall and the lady running the stall informed me that she had turned it into an airlines representative. And when I went to the representative to ask for it back, he felt it necessary to give me a long-winded lecture about the national security level (ORANGE, in case you were wondering) and how I should be more careful and meanwhile, did I mention THAT MY FLIGHT WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE?
And then, there was the moment when I realized that in the Milwaukee airport, the bathroom stalls aren't big enough to accommodate a stroller. And there was no way I was going to leave the baby in his stroller outside the stall by himself, so...well...let's just say it's a really good thing that part of the airport was completely deserted and no one came into that bathroom in the 60 seconds that I was in there.
And then, there was the whole being-too-late-to-get-my-bags-at-baggage-claim fiasco, which was compounded by the throwing-my-claim-ticket-away-too-early snafu, as a result of which I had to stand there telling the lady at baggage claim that the duffel bag RIGHT THERE was mine and if she didn't believe me, she could open it and she would find a black dress and two coats and nursing tank tops and...she stopped me at "nursing tank tops."
Of course, all of this was a walk in the park when compared to the ridiculousness that is renting a car with a baby in tow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can picture you on the news as a criminal - abading a terrorist - all the while breast feeding Luke.
LOL
Sorry it wasn't all fun.
Post a Comment