There's so much to write about, I don't know where to start, so I guess we'll start at the beginning. In the beginning, there was darkness...no, wait. Too far back. Ok. In the beginning, there was Other Baby, who came back from Thanksgiving with a cold he'd brought all the way across the country. And of course, Luke promptly caught this well-traveled cold.
As it turns out, California Colds are serious business because for three weeks, we waded through snot and boogies and grumpy, coughing, sneezing babies. And then, the day before we left, Luke's eyes started looking extra teary. And the night before we left, he woke up approximately every 20 minutes complaining of "Ouchy eyes." So that morning, I made a desperate call to his pediatrician and wonder of wonders, they told us to come right in--on a SATURDAY. (Could I take just a minute here to mention yet again the fact that we have found the Holy Grail of pediatricians and that I would actually consider proximity to said pediatrician an important factor when looking to buy a house? Because THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM.)
So in we went, only to discover that hey! Luke has pinkeye. And? His first ever ear infection. Because obviously, THAT was exactly what we needed to make our trip a success. So we got our prescription, packed up the car, dropped off the Dog, and headed off to D.C., where we were going to be spending the night at my mom's house before embarking on The Part That Came After The Beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment