Other pregnant woman: How's the pregnancy going? Are you having any problems?
Me: Nope, it's going really well so far! How about yours?
Other Pregnant woman: Well...my back hurts...I can't sleep...I have no patience with my toddler...I'm always tired...and hungry...and hot...I'm just ready to be done!
I'm not an optimistic person, not really. But the above conversation gave me pause this morning because my response? Sounds totally positive. I mean, of COURSE my back hurts too and I can't sleep either and my patience levels are sadly low and I'm tired and hungry and hot and have random dizzy spells. That's pretty much a given with the last couple of months of pregnancy, isn't it? But when I said everything was great, what I meant was that considering I'm 32 weeks pregnant, everything is great. Everything is normal. There are no complications, no added risk factors, nothing unusual.
The conversation continued as we talked about our toddlers. Again, when she asked about how Luke was sleeping, I said he sleeps fine. She responded by saying that her daughter still wakes up about once a week and again, I thought, oh. Well, of course. Luke still wakes up at night too, most of the time. But again, isn't that par for the course of having a toddler? They wake up. They refuse to eat green things. They play with the toilet water sometimes. They touch dead bugs. It's just what they do. Right?
I'm trying to figure out when I went from being a grouchy pessimist to being a somewhat positive person. (And I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that McMoose gets to bear the brunt of my pessimism. He gets to see the freaking-out-about-random-stuff, the complaining-about-the-size-of-my-feet, the grouchiness-about-the-never-ending-pregnancy. He gets to talk me down from this stuff on the daily. And because he does, I get to spend most of my days being positive and feeling like I have a decent handle on this stuff. Thank you, McMoose.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment