Weston turns one month old today. Of all the month-birthdays, this one is the most bittersweet because--he was JUST born! How has it already been a month?!
This past month has been so much easier than I anticipated. I was expecting all kinds of horror and difficulty and although the first two weeks were hard for ME in terms of healing from the birth, the rest of the adjustment has been amazingly easy.
Weston has yet to realize that he is an entity separate from me, so he prefers to spend all his time ON me. Thank goodness for slings and baby carriers, because without those, I'm pretty sure we'd have spent the last month sitting on the couch at home. Instead, when McMoose returned to work when Weston was 2 weeks old, I was able to resume our normal schedule and while we're out at playgrounds and storytimes, Weston sleeps angelically in a sling. (Of course, I do pay for some of the angelic daytime sleeping when he wakes up at 3 am, wanting to discuss the state of the economy.)
Over the past week, he's gotten a little bit fussier, in part because he's spent longer periods of time awake, but most of the time, he can be calmed by going outside or taking a bath. He already seems to know that bath comes before bedtime, so no matter how tired he is, he stays awake and grumbles (ok, screeches) at me until we bathe him and then falls asleep almost immediately afterwards.
The animals have pretty much decided that this new baby stuff is old hat and they largely ignore him, but Luke is enamored by him. All day long, he wants to "see" him, touch him, hold him, kiss him--in fact, yesterday, when he (Luke) bumped his head, he didn't want me to kiss it...he wanted Weston to kiss it. For his part, Weston's reaction to his brother is usually wide-eyed surprise...but then again, that's his reaction to most things. I'm so looking forward to watching these two boys grow up together.
Pictures to come tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
a brother is a very special person! glad you are all doing well. can't wait to see all of you....
Post a Comment