Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Big Questions

There's a moth stuck between my living room window and the outer screen. If I leave it in there, it will die. The only way to get it OUT of there is to open my window. In which case, it will be inside the living room. I don't WANT a moth in my living room. But neither do I want a dead moth stuck between the window and the screen. All of this, of course, begs the question: how on earth did the stupid moth GET between the window and the screen in the first place?

I planted some green beans and some squash plants because my friend had them and offered them to me. Do I know anything about green bean or squash plants? Of course not. Have I ever, in the history of my life, been able to keep a plant alive? Again, no. So why did I agree to be responsible for these plants?

Before I had Weston, I had all kinds of good ideas for matching, sibling Halloween costumes. I wish I'd written them down because now, I have none. What on earth are these children going to be?

Luke's current obsession is putting things into his nose. Or his ears. I know kids do this. I know it's common. But for goodness sake, WHY?

I tried mopping our floor with stuff that was advertised as hardwood cleaner and ended up with a gross, filmy floor. So then, I tried other stuff, which left it looking a little better, but still not great. You know what finally worked? Two drops of soap in a bucket of hot water. I'm not even joking. Why hasn't anyone marketed THAT as hardwood cleaner?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Nish,

In answer to your Halloween costume question check out some ideas on another friend of mine's blog: http://thriftandstyle.com/?p=1908

Kate