Thursday, September 1, 2011

One Strange Duck

Luke woke up at 6:30 this morning.
McMoose: Luke, lie down. It's still dark outside.
*Luke lies down.*
Luke, 5 minutes later: Dada, can you make it be bright outside now?

Luke, watching Toto walking around on the porch: There's a spiderweb!
Me: Ok.
Luke: A spiiiiiiiiiiderweeeeeeeeb!
Me: Oooooookaaaaaaay.
Luke: I want Toto to go away from the spiderweb.
Me: Why?
Luke: The spider will eat Toto.
Me: Um. No. The spider is small. Toto is too big to be eaten by the spider.
Luke: The spider will drop on Toto.
Me: If the spider drops on Toto, Toto will eat the spider. Toto likes eating spiders. Don't worry, Toto is fine.
Luke, trying to open the porch door: I like to eat spiders, too.

Luke, crawling on the floor on his belly: Ssssssss! Sssssss! Sssssss!
Me: Oh, My! There's a snake on the floor!
Luke, sitting up: I am not a snake. I am a duck, actually.
Me: Ducks do not crawl on the floor and say "Sssss!"
Luke: Ducks DO crawl on the floor and say "Sssss!" sometimes.
Me: When do they do that?
Luke: When they pretend to be a snake.

1 comment:

Linda said...

you can never outdo toddler logic!