Thursday, November 17, 2011

Luke Says...

The other day, Weston started fussing in the car and Luke, in a very sweet and concerned voice, said the following: "What's wrong, Weston? What's wrong, baby? Do you think we're going to put you in the trash can? Are we going to put you in the trash truck and let it eat you? No. We aren't. We're going to feed you instead, Mama said. So STOP CRYING!" Dude. If I were Weston, I'd be crying too!

And yesterday, we were at a La Leche League meeting. For reference, the last time we attended a meeting, I promised Luke we could go to Quizno's for lunch, but then I'd forgotten to bring my wallet, so we had to go home instead. Apparently, he remembered that:

Luke: Mama. This is a "Yeyeyeye Yeague" meeting.
Me, chuckling at his pronunciation: Yes, it is.
Luke: Remember the other day? At the Yeyeyeye Yeague meeting? We were going to go to Quizno's.
Me: Yes, I remember. But I forgot my wallet, so we couldn't go. That was disappointing, wasn't it?
Luke: Yes. Did you bring your wallet today?
Me: Yes, I did.
Luke: Good job, Mama! That means we can go to Quizno's today! I'm going to have some chips there. Are you?

And he now likes to play pretend. He also likes to call all the shots:
Luke: I'm going to be a bear!
Me: Oh, my! There's a bear in here!
Luke: No, no, no. Don't say that. You say, "Ack! A scary bear!"
Me: Ok. Ack, a scary bear!
Luke: Rarrr!!! Now Weston, you run away and say, "Help! A bear is chasing me!"

And yesterday, I gave Weston a toy elephant, which Luke really, really wanted to take from him:
Me: Luke, you may not take this toy from him.
Luke: I'm not. Weston. That toy makes a sound. You want me to show you? If you hand it to me, I can show you the sound. It's very cute. Want to see? Weston. Weston? Can you hand it to me? It's a really nice sound, Weston, I'll show you. *Looks at me. Looks back at the toy. Looks at me again and sighs.* Ok, then. He doesn't want to hear the sound.

No comments: