Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Curiouser and Curiouser

You know, back before these little people came into my life, I used to notice things. Strange things. And I questioned those strange things. "Why does that car have moose antlers on it," I wondered. Or, "I wonder who thought it was a good idea to put a dog crate on a motorcycle." CURIOSITY! It was a great thing.

I find that I have very little curiosity now. I'm pretty sure that along with the calcium from my bones and teeth, my children also leeched all the curiosity from my brain during their time as fetuses. (Um. Feti? Fetum? Feet? No, fetuses. I think.) But you can take calcium supplements and so I decided that I should also be able to supplement myself with curiosity. (And while we're on the subject, I should probably TAKE calcium supplements. Right. It's on the three-mile long to-do list. I should get around to it in about, oh, twenty years or so.)

Where was I going with this? Oh, right. Curiosity. So. Here is a list of the curious things I've seen today:

1. A car in the parking lot of a strip mall with no wheels. Zero wheels. It was up on cinderblocks and had a tow notice on it. But just...why? Or perhaps more relevantly, HOW?

2. A skateboarding while pulling a red wagon with a toddler and a dog in it. I was highly impressed. And also, a little confounded by the physics of the whole operation. How do you get enough momentum on the skateboard to pull the wagon without constantly needing to push with your feet (which she wasn't doing?)

3. A goldfish in a bowl sitting on top of an (empty, parked) minivan. Ok. So. I'm guessing the owners of goldfish and minivan didn't want the fish in the van because...what, they were worried that the car would get too hot and their pet might end up getting cooked? But, uh, is the top of the minivan any better? In the blazing sun? (P.S.-Why is a goldfish going to a sports/activity mall in the first place? The place has an ice rink, a couple of play spaces for kids, a toy store, a preschool...where does the goldfish come into all of this?

1 comment:

megger said...

You find all of the strange things. Love it.

BTW, collect your favorite blog posts and publish them! So funny. It might be because I know ya, but I love reading them!