Saturday, December 1, 2012

Luke says...

Luke was sick recently and although illness is never a fun thing, it can sometimes be a funny thing. We spent an entire day watching Sesame Street on YouTube (lesson learned from that day: episodes from the 70s and 80s are way more fun than current episodes.) That evening, I told him that it had been a special day and that we only spend all day watching TV if we're sick. The next morning, we had to have this conversation...

Me: are you feeling better today?
Luke: well...I'm a little better and a little bit sick.
Me: really? You sound much better.
Luke: I think I'm sick right now, so we should watch Sesame Street, but after we do that, I bet I'll be feeling better!

Later, he was trying to figure out just how he got sick I'm the first place. I tried to explain germs to him, but he didn't like my explanation. Instead, he countered with the following: "One day, when I was in India, I got an ouchy on my foot because it got a scratch. And then, all the germ-bugs came into my body through the ouchy. And they lived in my foot for a really long time and then, they came up to my nose and turned into boogies." (He doesn't remember our trip to India, but he references it whenever he's trying to win an argument.)

He wanted me to make a sentence using the word "sand" yesterday...

Me: The sand is in the sandbox.
Luke: That's not true. There's no sand in our sandbox yet.
Me: No, not in ours, but there's sand in other sandboxes...like at the park.
Luke: But you said THE sandbox, so that means ours. If you meant the park sandbox, you should have said A sandbox.
Me: I meant THE sandbox at THE park.
Luke: Listen, that's not how it works.

No comments: