Every so often, life gets a little too busy and we spend a couple of days holing up at home to recover. Most of these days involve a tall stack of picture books. A few months ago, I would have read those books, one after the next, while sipping endless cups of warm tea. Today, it meant sitting and listening as Luke read early reader books, one after the next. He read to us about honey bees and sea creatures, about cats and pigs, about Dick and Jane and all their friends. The only time I've ever been involved in teaching reading was in a remedial tutoring program, so the experience of teaching a child to read and having that child beg to read "one more, Mama, just one more," is new to me. As much as I love reading to my kids, I find myself loving it even more when my kid reads to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment