We recently went strawberry picking and when I first told Luke that we were going, his response was, "Mama, did you know there are strawberries at the store and we could just buy them?" It wasn't until I mentioned that the strawberry patch had an ice cream store that he warmed up to the idea. Of course, once we were there, he decided that strawberry picking was the most fun thing ever, so it all worked out.
They were both so excited to see the rows and rows of strawberry plants and to get their own buckets. Luke did a good job of picking the reddest berries and Weston...well, he'll learn. Notice how wet they look? The only time it rained all afternoon was during the 15 minutes when we were picking the berries. They did not care one little bit.
They have a barrel train that has all the barrels painted like cows. Weston was obsessed with it from the minute he first saw it, so I tracked down the driver and paid for a ride. And about 30 seconds after climbing in, Weston decided that he wanted to get right back out. Of course, it was too late for that and just as I was thinking about getting him out, the tractor started up and off they went. He spent the first couple of minutes crying and the next 15 or 20 minutes sitting sullenly. This was, hands down, the longest kiddie ride I have ever put my children on. I had no idea it would go for that long. Furthermore, there was one point when they disappeared into a grove of trees and I began to seriously wonder what I had gotten them into. Apparently, it was just a very slow day, ride-wise, and the driver was enjoying the ride.
Eating the aforementioned bribe...er, I mean, ice cream. This was Luke's first attempt at a cone and it was very well-received. Weston is eating a cupcake because I thought it would have less dairy in it...clearly, I didn't realize that it had a good five inches of icing sitting on top. He is eating that cupcake at warp speed because one of the farm dogs had taken a special interest in us and was sitting there, hoping very hard that we might drop our food.
These people definitely know how to pull kids (and therefore, their parents) in.
They had these enormous tubes, which were fun until someone bigger got into one and rolled over Weston. (Luke, who predicted that precise outcome, stood there nodding his head, saying, "Do you see, Mama? Those are not a good idea.")







2 comments:
Sounds like a very interesting day. Makes me miss my boys! We used to go blackberry picking, which was fun, too.
Enjoyed your recent posts! Your boys are so smart and playful - just how they're supposed to be.
Post a Comment