At some point last night, McMoose pointed out that Weston is saying some adorable things and that if this had been Luke, we would have written all the adorable things in his baby book, but since he's the second kid, he doesn't even HAVE a baby book, so perhaps we should record it somewhere. And "somewhere," obviously means "on the blog," so here we go...
-He calls me "Mama Mia" and he calls Luke "Yuke bear." He calls himself "Stein." He calls McMoose "Daddy," which is a marked change from the "Dada" that has always been used around here. In fact, about half the time, he calls him "Daddy Dada."
-His favorite question is "Where are you?" He likes to say it loudly and repeatedly, so he walks around while McMoose is at work, saying, "Dada, where arrrrre you? Daddy, where ARRRRRRRRE you?"
-He corrects us by saying "actually," which is so cute that we say all manner of incorrect things, hoping to be corrected. The other day, I said, "Hi, Weston!" and he responded with, "Not Stein. Giraffe, actually."
-He is obsessed with drinking my tea, so anytime he sees me with a cup, he heads right over and starts up with, "Mama tea? Drink Mama tea? Stein drink Mama Mia tea, peas?"
-For that matter, he says "peas" with most of his requests and it makes me want to give him all things.
-His favorite response to questions is "o'there." Where are your shoes? O'there. Where did you put Mama's keys? O'there. Have you seen any giraffes around? O'there. (Hm. We maybe talk about giraffes more than strictly necessary around here.)
-He knows "one" and "two." So anything more than one is two. The other day, he saw a flock of at least 8 geese and squealed with delight, "Two goose! One, twooooo!" (I think he learned three today? Can't call that one for sure, but I thought I heard a one, two, dee while I was clipping his nails.)
-He thinks he knows his colors. What he actually knows is the title of one of their books, which is "Red, Green, Blue." So when people ask him anything about colors, he replies with, "Ed, geen, boo."
A conversation from last night, when I was trying to tuck him in:
Weston: Stein sleep big bed.
Me: Ok, you can sleep in the big bed.
Weston, pointing beside him: Mama Mia sleep o'there.
Me: I will later. Right now, I'm going out to the hallway. (Aside: My laptop has no battery, so it needs to stay plugged in and it is currently plugged into an outlet on our upstairs landing, which has made that landing The Place To Be, as far as I'm concerned.)
Weston, gathering his pillow and blanket: Stein sit hallway too.
Me: No, you stay here. Go night-night.
Weston: Mama Mia sit hallway. Dada sit hallway, too. Stein sit hallway, too. Peas?
-He calls me "Mama Mia" and he calls Luke "Yuke bear." He calls himself "Stein." He calls McMoose "Daddy," which is a marked change from the "Dada" that has always been used around here. In fact, about half the time, he calls him "Daddy Dada."
-His favorite question is "Where are you?" He likes to say it loudly and repeatedly, so he walks around while McMoose is at work, saying, "Dada, where arrrrre you? Daddy, where ARRRRRRRRE you?"
-He corrects us by saying "actually," which is so cute that we say all manner of incorrect things, hoping to be corrected. The other day, I said, "Hi, Weston!" and he responded with, "Not Stein. Giraffe, actually."
-He is obsessed with drinking my tea, so anytime he sees me with a cup, he heads right over and starts up with, "Mama tea? Drink Mama tea? Stein drink Mama Mia tea, peas?"
-For that matter, he says "peas" with most of his requests and it makes me want to give him all things.
-His favorite response to questions is "o'there." Where are your shoes? O'there. Where did you put Mama's keys? O'there. Have you seen any giraffes around? O'there. (Hm. We maybe talk about giraffes more than strictly necessary around here.)
-He knows "one" and "two." So anything more than one is two. The other day, he saw a flock of at least 8 geese and squealed with delight, "Two goose! One, twooooo!" (I think he learned three today? Can't call that one for sure, but I thought I heard a one, two, dee while I was clipping his nails.)
-He thinks he knows his colors. What he actually knows is the title of one of their books, which is "Red, Green, Blue." So when people ask him anything about colors, he replies with, "Ed, geen, boo."
A conversation from last night, when I was trying to tuck him in:
Weston: Stein sleep big bed.
Me: Ok, you can sleep in the big bed.
Weston, pointing beside him: Mama Mia sleep o'there.
Me: I will later. Right now, I'm going out to the hallway. (Aside: My laptop has no battery, so it needs to stay plugged in and it is currently plugged into an outlet on our upstairs landing, which has made that landing The Place To Be, as far as I'm concerned.)
Weston, gathering his pillow and blanket: Stein sit hallway too.
Me: No, you stay here. Go night-night.
Weston: Mama Mia sit hallway. Dada sit hallway, too. Stein sit hallway, too. Peas?
2 comments:
So fascinating to hear how language develops! Start a second language now! :D
love your blog
Post a Comment