This morning, the kids and I started talking about losing baby teeth. Some of Luke's peers have begun losing their first ones and I was curious about what expectations he had for when he loses his.
Me: So what happens when you lose a tooth?
Luke: You grow a new one.
Me: Yes, but what happens to the tooth?
Luke: Um...you throw it away?
Me: Yes, I suppose you could. But some people like to pretend that there's a tooth fairy that comes to get old teeth. They put the teeth under their pillow and the tooth fairy leaves them something. What do you think about that?
Luke: Well, on a day that wasn't my first day at school, but a different day, I read a book about teeth. It was about animal teeth, but in the end, there were pages about human teeth and it said that in some places, instead of pretending about a tooth fairy, people pretend about a tooth mouse or a tooth bird.
Me: Cool! So what should we have, a tooth fairy, a tooth mouse, or a tooth bird?
Luke: A tooth...mouse!
Me: Ok. And what do you think the tooth mouse might leave?
Luke: I think our tooth mouse should leave a dollar so I can pay for things.
Weston: I think our tooth mouse should just leave the tooth in my mouth!
Me: So what happens when you lose a tooth?
Luke: You grow a new one.
Me: Yes, but what happens to the tooth?
Luke: Um...you throw it away?
Me: Yes, I suppose you could. But some people like to pretend that there's a tooth fairy that comes to get old teeth. They put the teeth under their pillow and the tooth fairy leaves them something. What do you think about that?
Luke: Well, on a day that wasn't my first day at school, but a different day, I read a book about teeth. It was about animal teeth, but in the end, there were pages about human teeth and it said that in some places, instead of pretending about a tooth fairy, people pretend about a tooth mouse or a tooth bird.
Me: Cool! So what should we have, a tooth fairy, a tooth mouse, or a tooth bird?
Luke: A tooth...mouse!
Me: Ok. And what do you think the tooth mouse might leave?
Luke: I think our tooth mouse should leave a dollar so I can pay for things.
Weston: I think our tooth mouse should just leave the tooth in my mouth!
2 comments:
Granpa david says "HERE is a VERY PRACTICAL child. Makes me so proud."
http://www.amazon.com/Tooth-Fairy-Meets-Raton-Perez/dp/1582462968/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M2H6AQ87BTBAHEP51VE
http://dennasideas.com/2012/08/11/tooth-mouse-pillows-for-el-ratoncito-perez/
Post a Comment