Sunday, August 24, 2014

What We're Doing

I affectionately referred to last week as "hell week." My friend's baby, who shall henceforth be called Another Baby, started staying with us during the day. I picked up Luke and Other Boy (brother of Another Baby) at carpool every afternoon and hung out with all four kids until Other Momma got home. It was a lot of juggling and a lot of planning, but the week flew by and I remembered something about myself: I thrive on busyness. It makes me feel happy and productive and fulfilled. The house stayed clean(ish), I stayed organized, Weston and I read more books than we have in a long time while I rocked a sleeping baby. It was nice.

This week, the schedule switches again. Earlier arrivals in the morning, earlier departures in the afternoon. A more erratic carpool schedule. Weston has his first day of preschool (eek!) Luke has his first elementary school picture day. I have my first opportunity to help out in his classroom. I recently stepped deeper into a volunteer organization and I have my first conference call with some team members. (I have team members!) McMoose is nearing the end of a busy cycle and we are looking forward to seeing him around more. Busyness ebbs, busyness flows, and we're riding the wave.

No comments: