Luke: I don't like weekdays.
Me: Oh?
Luke: Yeah, I like weekends better.
Me: Why's that?
Luke: Because I never get to see you on weekdays.
Me: I miss you when you're at school, too. I do like that we see each other in the morning and in the evening.
Luke: It's never long enough.
Me: I know the feeling.
Luke: I could stop going to school and I could go to school at home like [Friend who is homeschooled.]
Me: That's something to think about.
Luke: But I have to go to school if I want to do Science Club and I really, really, really want to do Science Club.
Me: You're pretty excited about that.
Luke: Yeah!
Me: You know Science Club doesn't start for Kindergartners until January.
Luke: I know. I can wait. I guess I should keep going to school for now.
Sometimes, the parenting work load around here is heavy. Other times, all I have to do is sit back and listen while this kid parents himself.
Me: Oh?
Luke: Yeah, I like weekends better.
Me: Why's that?
Luke: Because I never get to see you on weekdays.
Me: I miss you when you're at school, too. I do like that we see each other in the morning and in the evening.
Luke: It's never long enough.
Me: I know the feeling.
Luke: I could stop going to school and I could go to school at home like [Friend who is homeschooled.]
Me: That's something to think about.
Luke: But I have to go to school if I want to do Science Club and I really, really, really want to do Science Club.
Me: You're pretty excited about that.
Luke: Yeah!
Me: You know Science Club doesn't start for Kindergartners until January.
Luke: I know. I can wait. I guess I should keep going to school for now.
Sometimes, the parenting work load around here is heavy. Other times, all I have to do is sit back and listen while this kid parents himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment