Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lazy Afternoons

Luke is on intercession (aka: a two-week break) from school right now and we're having a lot of fun. One of the first things we did was to go to a craft store and get a few interesting looking craft kits and supplies so I'd have a response to the inevitable, "Do you have any suggestions for what I can do right now?" One of the things we got was a fossil excavation kit--a block of plaster, a couple of excavation tools, and the promise of fossils inside the block--and Luke quickly realized that "excavating" with the little flat stick they provided was terribly tedious and scraping the whole block on the ground provided much faster results. As a result, our front porch now looks a mess, but all that work did yield him a hunk of so-called fossilized dinosaur poop.

These are some of the only pictures in existence that show him with a genuine smile instead of the fake cheesy smile he puts on when he sees a camera. Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen childhood pictures of McMoose that look just like the first picture below, except with blond hair. (On a hair-related note: last night, Luke looked in the mirror after his bath and exclaimed, "I have golden hair! I didn't know I had golden hair! It's magic! My hair is magic!!!" Apparently, he has finally noticed the blond streaks in his hair. Up until now, he has been pretty convinced that his hair is black and usually points to Weston's baby pictures and identifies them as himself for that reason.)



No comments: