As I was attempting to get just five more minutes of sleep this morning, McMoose and Luke were busy having the following conversation:
Luke: Do you know what makes the sunrise?
McMoose: Yes.
Luke: Well, I know it, too. The light from the sun, which is called the sun's rays, hit dust in the air and they get reflected--
McMoose: Refracted.
Luke: Yeah, refracted, which means they bend and then they make different colors.
McMoose: When light bends, it looks like different colors to our eyes.
Luke: I know that.
All day long, every time I've asked Weston to do anything, he has responded with, "Blah, blah, blah, whatever!"
Today, more than most days, I'm reminded that learning doesn't usually come from school, but from the people we interact with, the books we read, the things we talk about.
Luke: Do you know what makes the sunrise?
McMoose: Yes.
Luke: Well, I know it, too. The light from the sun, which is called the sun's rays, hit dust in the air and they get reflected--
McMoose: Refracted.
Luke: Yeah, refracted, which means they bend and then they make different colors.
McMoose: When light bends, it looks like different colors to our eyes.
Luke: I know that.
All day long, every time I've asked Weston to do anything, he has responded with, "Blah, blah, blah, whatever!"
Today, more than most days, I'm reminded that learning doesn't usually come from school, but from the people we interact with, the books we read, the things we talk about.
1 comment:
Reflection, refraction - five year old ? I was almost expecting to hear refractive index next !!!!! Wonderful, nourishing environment for growing minds. Keep up the great job, parents.
Post a Comment