Friday, September 18, 2015

Some Things

  • Ever since the start of this summer, we've been on the go. We've gone out of town several times, we've made last minute plans on a near-daily basis, we've seen friends constantly. And I've been thinking, "Oh, this is because it's summer," or "Oh, it's just this one week that's going to be crazy." And then, as I was staring at my calendar this week, I realized that no, it's not just the summer and it's not just one week. This is just how I structure things (when I'm not planning around a baby/toddler's nap schedule). And finally, I can do it this way again without too much fear of melting-down kids. Hey, it's good to be back.
  • There's a pothole on my drive home from...well, almost anywhere, really. I pass it several times a day and it's big enough that I have to swerve around it or risk scraping the bottom of my car. It's been there for months, so the swerving has become second nature to me. Earlier this week, I saw some trucks out there fixing it and I was giddy with excitement. No more worries about swerving into traffic, no more crazy maneuvers! Since it's been fixed, I've driven past this pot hole four times. Each time, as I approach, I remind myself that, happy day, the pothole is gone! And each time, at the last minute, I end up swerving anyway. Ahh, muscle memory, how strong you are.
  •  I was packing up for a weekend trip and after watching me skeptically for a few minutes, Luke said, "Um...I don't think that's the best way to pack. I think I'll pack my own bag. And Weston's too, because I think he'll want his bag to be like mine." I was on my way to being insulted until common sense caught up to me and reminded me that this meant I only had to pack for myself. Yes, please.
  •  Yellow Cat has placed himself firmly upon my suitcase, determined that this time, this time, we will finally take him with us.

No comments: