I can't believe it's already Thursday again--this past week flew by on gilded wings! And that right there is the beauty of not being in January anymore.
- It's COLD outside right now. Which might help explain why there's a gas station on my way to work that is currently having a special on plastic sleds and gliding saucers. Except that they seem to be forgetting the fact that in order to use sleds and gliding saucers, you need SNOW. Which we don't have. Which in turn explains why there was a very forlorn looking kid sitting in a sled on a patch of ice at the side of the road this morning. He was the saddest human being I've ever seen in my life.
- I went to the post office yesterday to mail a package and the options they gave me were: (1) use regular, first class mail, which takes three days and costs $2.36; or (2) use the super-duper, overnight mail, which takes under 24 hours and costs $31.55. Which means that I could've chosen to pay more on shipping than I spent on what was inside the package. Yeah. Makes sense.
- Somehow, I managed to shatter a highlighter this morning and spill fluorescent yellow ink ALL OVER the carpet. Luckily, the carpet is all dark and multi-colored, so you can't really see the stain under normal circumstances, but it does kind of glow in the dark now. I'm going to choose to be an optimist about this situation, so instead of saying, "Oh, no! I've damaged the carpet irreparably!" I'm going to say, "Hey, I've added glow-in-the-dark components to the carpet and made it easier and safer on the first person into the office in the morning AND the last person to leave in the evening."
No comments:
Post a Comment