Friday, August 14, 2009

The Evils of Juice?

Luke has had a really good nursing day today (thank you, bad-tasting-herbs!), which means that I've had hours and hours of computer time, so I thought it would be fun to just start on CNN's front page and follow links that sounded interesting. As a result of this little game, I now have more knowledge than I ever though possible about animal cruelty, the eating habits of koala bears, and choosing the right houseplant for your family. And also? Did you know that the American Academy of Pediatrics has a Committee that met to discuss the "Use and Misuse of Fruit Juice in Pediatrics?" And also, there were 18 people on the committee, plus "liaisons" from various health-related organizations both in the U.S. and from Canada, as well as "Additional staff." And they came up with 9 conclusions and 9 recommendations. About fruit juice. And one of the conclusions was that "fruit drinks" are not the same as "fruit juice."

And reading all that has now made me really thirsty for some apple juice.

No comments: