Monday, November 2, 2009

Aisle Ten

I love the baby aisle at grocery stores. LOVE it. Before I was pregnant, I used to sneak down it, covertly eyeing all the sweet, pastel colored things I assumed that I would one day be buying. During my pregnancy, when I'd get especially anxious about whatever genetic disorder I had convinced myself that my child would have, I'd stroll down the baby aisle and look at bottles and pacifiers and the cute baby on the Huggies cover.

You can imagine my surprise that almost six months into this endeavor, I...um...don't really go down the baby aisle at the grocery store anymore. I had fully expected that I would, but as it turns out, I don't have too much use for the products they sell there. Formula? Nope. Disposable diapers? Very rarely. Baby food? Well, so far, Luke's perfectly happy with the homemade stuff.

So, instead, I make up reasons. Gee, I say to McMoose, maybe Luke would like to try a new kind of pacifier. Or a sippy cup. Or, I don't know, a spoon.

And McMoose goes along with it and is kind enough to pretend not to notice that all I really wanted was to sneak another peek at the cute Huggies baby.

No comments: