Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eight!

Guess who's eight months old today! (Luke. In case you were wondering.)

The last month has brought so many changes that I have trouble believing that just one month ago, I was celebrating the fact that he finally figured out how to roll from back to tummy. That seems like such baby stuff, now that he's crawling and standing and jumping and dancing. The physical changes have been huge this month, but maybe equally amazing is the personality that's emerging more every day. This kid has a completely goofy sense of humor, which is to be expected given the fact that he's been exposed to McMoose every day for the past eight months, I guess. He makes odd faces, he growls at the animals, he pulls the diaper out of my hands when I'm trying to change him and then laughs at me. Whenever one of us coughs or sneezes, he mimics the sound, which always cracks him (and us) up.

We got all excited that he figured out how to pull himself up that we went out and bought him a little car thing that he can push around. Of course, he tried pulling up on it, it rolled, and he's been terrified of the thing ever since. He will, however, consent to sitting on it and being pushed around the apartment. So. Instead of the kid pushing the car around, we end up pushing the kid AND the car around. And that right there probably has something to do with the fact that I now fit into most of my pre-pregnancy jeans again.

McMoose and I were thrilled to realize that Luke recognizes the uh-uh-UH sound that we make when we want the animals to stop whatever bad thing they're doing, so when we make it at him, he stops whatever he's doing too. Which is great, right? Yeah. Except that the baby-proofing is going painfully slowly because I decided that this would also be a good time to go through all the contents of our apartment and purge what we no longer use. So basically, my days now look something like this:
*Luke decides to explore electrical outlet. I say uh-uh-UH!
*Luke leaves electrical outlet alone and instead pulls up on entertainment center, where he promptly starts pushing buttons on the DVD player. I say uh-uh-UH!
*He shuffles two feet over and pushes buttons on the TV. I say uh-uh-UH!
*He crawls over to the couch, where he pulls himself up and finds the remote control, which goes into his mouth. I say uh-uh-UH!
*He goes to the lamp, which he tries to pull down. I say uh-uh-UH!
*He decides to explore the electrical outlet again.
Because really, who wants to play with the mountain of brightly colored TOYS that have taken over the apartment when you could play with electrical wires and carpet fuzz instead?!

Once again, I have no pictures today, but I will tomorrow(-ish).

No comments: