Monday, February 22, 2010

Dadaism

For the past couple of weeks, Luke has gone crazy trying to imitate every noise that he hears. McMoose has very shrewdly decided to use this for his benefit by spending every waking moment saying "Dada" to the child. As a result, Luke now says Dada to McMoose and to me and to the Dog and to the cats and to the other babies in our water aerobics class. Since we had a couple of hours this afternoon when we weren't particularly busy, I decided that I would try to balance the scales a little bit.

Me: Luke, can you say Mama?
Luke: Dada.
Me: No, Mama.
Luke: Dada.
Me: Mmmmmmmmaaammmmmaaaa.
Luke: Daaaaadaaaaa.
Me: Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma.
Luke: Da-da-da-da-da-da.
Me, whispering: Mama.
Luke, whispering: Dada.

Touche, McMoose. (But as the person who fills out the kid's baby book, I'm so NOT counting this as his first word.)

No comments: