I knew that having a kid would interrupt my sleep for a few months, but dude. The more I listen to people of older kids talk about the issue, the more I'm starting to realize that I am NEVER going to get a full night's sleep, EVER again.
I mean, last night, for example? I woke the baby to feed him at midnight before I went to bed and then? He slept until 7 am. People, that's seven hours. In a row. Without needing any food or patting or snuggles or bribing. Seven. Hours. And yet, did I sleep seven hours? Um, no. I slept about 2 hours, woke up, looked around, listened for the baby, tossed, turned, woke up again an hour later, got a drink, peeked into the baby's room, tossed, turned, woke up again an hour later, went to the bathroom, had a fight with Yellow Cat, tossed, turned, etc.
AND IT'S NOT JUST ME! McMoose woke up at about 7, sat straight up in bed, checked to make sure I wasn't lying on top of Luke (this is McMoose's constant fear, by the way. I think he fully expects that one of these mornings, he's going to wake up and I'm going to be lying on the baby. Even though the baby is now a toddler who would no sooner let himself be lain upon than he'd let someone wipe his nose) and then informed me that it was seven and the baby was still asleep and was I sure that the monitor was working?
I've been afraid to jinx it, but this whole sleeping in the crib all night and not waking up until morning thing? This is becoming somewhat of a regular occurrence around here. I feel pretty confident in saying that the (almost) one-year-old is (finally) sleeping through the night. So...when do I start?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment