Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Good Morning

Lately, Luke has been sleeping until 6 or 7 (or 8 or 9) in the morning without waking up, which has been kind of amazing. Mind you, it has made no difference whatsoever in the amount of sleep that I get because as he's gotten better at sleeping through the night, I've moved my bedtime back, so I'm still tired and grumpy all the time, it's just that I no longer get to blame it on the baby (um...the toddler?)

Last night, he threw me for a loop and woke up at 4 and then again at 5. And, um, I was kind of, sort of, secretly glad. Shh, don't tell anyone. I'm the person who ENJOYS having her sleep interrupted.

But it's just that he went from sleeping in 4-hour stretches to sleeping in 7 or 8-hour stretches practically overnight and I'm just not used to going that long without seeing him (YES, I know how ridiculous that sounds.) AND when he used to wake up in the middle of the night, we used to just bring him back to bed with us and then I got to cuddle a little, warm body for the rest of the night and now, I have no excuse to do that anymore. People, it had been DAYS since I've gotten to cuddle with a sleeping baby and that is just unacceptable, especially when there's a baby conveniently located in the apartment who sleeps fairly often. So when he woke up at 5 and I got to bring him back to bed for the next two hours, it totally made my day. (Even though he then proceeded to spend most of those two hours kicking and twisting in his sleep and generally acting like a crazy fool.)

No comments: