McMoose and I got married in the same town where we met (and where we attended college), so we had talked about going back there to celebrate our first anniversary. As it happened, we had a 3-week-old baby on our first anniversary, so all we really managed to do was go out to a very quick dinner a week after the fact. (Looking back, by the way, I don't know WHAT I was thinking, leaving a three. week. old. baby, but at the time, it sounded like a great idea and McMoose's dad was in town and offered to keep him and the baby slept the whole time. McMoose and I, on the other hand, imagined all kinds of crazy scenarios, which is probably why we didn't leave him again for a good three months.)
In any case, the going-back-to-where-we-got-married plan got deferred for an extra year, so we went there this past weekend to celebrate our second anniversary. I should take a second to mention that I love this town. I mean, I LOVE it. It soothes my soul just to be in this town and I am constantly envious of everyone who gets to call it their home. So needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We got to go to our favorite restaurants, we got to drive around the campus and go through the litany of "Hey, I lived there," or "Man, I had the craziest class in that building," or "Geez, remember waiting there in the dead of winter for the bus to come and it was always late?" We took Luke to the duckpond where McMoose and I got engaged and we had a (kind of) picnic and fed the ducks. We went to playgrounds, we took long walks, we enjoyed staying with some friends of ours.
And then, McMoose got sick. On our anniversary. Of course. So he spent the whole night sniffling and sneezing and then, he spent the whole day sleeping and feeling miserable. And I spent the whole day being on solo-baby-duty in a VERY open concept house (ie-no possible way to confine said baby to a single room or even a set of rooms). So I'm starting to think that maybe we should just stick to celebrating our dating anniversary because this paper-signing anniversary (or WEDDING anniversary, as it's more commonly called) just doesn't seem to pan out for us.
(But it was still a pretty great weekend.)
((Except that now, Luke and McMoose are BOTH sick and I'm sitting here, waiting for the first signs of a sore throat.))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment