Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2

  • Thing 1: I've developed a new found appreciation for construction sites. Not because I like the dust or the noise, mind you, but because every time we pass by one, a little voice pipes up from the backseat: "Tuck! Tuck! Mama, Tuck!" (A "tuck," in case you're unfamiliar, is an excited toddler's version of the word truck.) This morning, we were on the way to the playground when we happened across a construction site, where we just HAD TO find a comfy spot across the street and sit and watch the trucks. For 30 minutes. We never did make it to that playground.

  • Thing 2: Remember my Very Stupid Mistake? About two weeks ago, I got a postcard from the Maryland Metro Authority Lost And Found telling me that they had found an item that I had presumably lost and could I please come pick it up before they destroyed and/or donated it to charity. Since I didn't want my stuff burned, shredded, or donated, I promptly sent an emissary (aka: mom) to collect it and mail it back to me. Our guess is that the purse fell off the car near the bus stop and that someone gave it to the bus driver, who then passed it on to the lost and found. Of course, somewhere along the way, all the cash got taken out of it. Oddly, I'm okay with the $100-ish dollars being taken, but I'm a little bit annoyed they took my two dollar bill. Which I had saved for oh, about a decade. I mean, really, what are you going to do with two stinkin' dollars? (Then again, they also took the handful of nickels and pennies, so in that context, I guess two whole dollars is quite the windfall.)

No comments: