Four years of living in the mountains of Virginia ruined me because the mountains are BEAUTIFUL. All the time. And other places, through no fault of their own, really can't compare to all that natural beauty. At least MOST OF THE TIME, they can't. Today was one of those rare days when Raleigh was every bit as gorgeous as Blacksburg ever was.
For the past five years of living here, I haven't seen much in the way of fall foliage. Up until now, fall in Raleigh has gone something like this: green leaves on all the trees-->a big thunderstorm with lots of wind-->bare, dead-looking twig-trees. So I was very pleasantly surprised when I was driving home from story time this morning to discover that we have fall colors! FINALLY! In fact, I had to remind myself a couple of times that I had two very precious, small people in the car and that I should QUIT LOOKING AT THE TREES and pay attention to the road instead.
Here's hoping that the colors stick around for a few days. It's nice to get the reminder that a mountain view isn't the only one worth having.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So you are the one that jinxed us causing the storm last night. Instead of the trees our yard is filled with beautiful brightly colored leaves.
Post a Comment