I put a red diaper cover on Luke this afternoon and apparently, he can now correctly identify the color red, as evidenced by the following conversation:
Luke: Red diaper!
Me: Yes, you have on a red diaper. Let's put on your pants.
Luke: No! Guk red diaper!
Me: Yes, I know you have on a red diaper. Are you ready for pants now?
Luke: No! See Guk red diaper?
Me: Yes, I see Luke's red diaper. How about those pants?
Luke: NOOOOO! RED diaper! See Guk RED diaper! See? Seeeeee???
Me: Yes, Luke, I SEEEEEE your red diaper.
Luke: NOOOO! SEEEEEEE Guk red diaper! No pants! See!
Me: Ok. Let's break this down. You have a red diaper...
Luke: *Nodding* Hm.
Me: And you don't want to wear pants...
Luke: *Nodding* Hm.
Me: ...because...you want to be able to see your red diaper?
Luke: Yes! Good Mama.
I felt very proud of myself for figuring this out until I realized that the kid is training me like a cocker spaniel.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL - seriously laughing so loudly - oh my goodness! I can so picture this happening. You are a wonderful mom!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment