Saturday, February 25, 2012

So Says The Bug

A couple of days ago, I was putting Weston in the car and Luke was climbing into his own seat.
Luke: When you come around to buckle me, are you going to say, "Hey, how did you get in here so fast?"
Me: I might. Do you like it when I say that?
Luke: I do. I laugh about it. I laugh AND giggle about it. I even cackle about it sometimes.

Many of his friends have younger siblings, so he seems to be under the impression that EVERYONE needs a baby.
Luke: OtherBaby doesn't have a baby yet. Uh-oh! That must mean he forgot to go to the midwife's office. He needs to go to the midwife to get a baby. I think maybe he'll go this Saturday and get a baby.

Luke seems to have outgrown his afternoon nap (Woe is me! Woooeeeee!) Of course, that means that if we go anywhere in the evening, he promptly falls asleep in the car. One evening, McMoose hung out with Weston while I took Luke to the library and as usual, he fell asleep in the car, so I was carrying him into the building and he had his head resting on my shoulder with his eyes closed.
Me, as I jostled him around a little: Luka-Bear. Hey, Luka. It will be awfully hard to pick out books if you're still asleep.
Luke, with his eyes still closed and head still down: It will be awfully hard to sleep if you keep talking in a loud voice.

His monologues are getting longer and more random of late. The other day, as he was playing, he was talking to himself and this is what I overheard: "Animals are animals. Animals live outside, I think. Do persons live outside? Are persons animals? Yes. Persons ARE animals, I think. But not outside animals because persons live in houses with upstairs and downstairs and garages and back yards. If a troll cries, you can say, 'It's okay, Troll, let's make a compromise and we'll build you a house with a two-car garage and you can give us back our pasture and we'll be best friends.' What's a troll? Like a horse or something?"

1 comment:

megger said...

He is definitely your son. Reminds of those long-winded conversations we'd have in high school where we both lost track of what was going on but we were fascinated still the same.