Monday, August 27, 2012

Minions

Lately, one of Luke's favorite things to do is...laundry. The other day, I offered to take him to the park and he was all, "Yes, but do you remember that we're supposed to do the laundry today?" And so, we stayed home on a beyond beautiful day doing laundry. Little oddball.

Now, since I'm always looking for opportunities to pass my chores off to other people, I decided this would be a great time to get him a hamper of his very own. So now, he's in charge of telling me when it's getting full and of bringing it out to the landing. But of course, he's not content to stop there, no. He has decided that this is His Chore and he will do it to the best of His Ability. Which means that he has to turn all the knobs on the washing machine to set the water flowing. And he has to pour the detergent himself. And he has to load the clothes. And when the washer is done, he has to transfer the clothes. (Since we have a top-loader, I am allowed to help him get the clothes out of the washer. This was a hard-won victory for me because I did not appreciate dangling him over the washer so he could retrieve them himself.) He has to clean the lint trap and program the dryer. And his latest obsession? Folding and putting away his clothes.

I gotta say, I'm enjoying this very much. And all of Luke's enthusiasm for laundry seems to be rubbing off on Weston, who now insists on helping transfer clothes from washer to dryer and empty the dryer. I wonder what other chores I can talk these two into doing...

No comments: