Luke likes for us to kiss his "ouchies," but lately, he has gotten very particular that you have to kiss the exact spot that hurts. If you're even a millimeter off, he whines and complains that you're doing it wrong. Add in the fact that most of the time, his ouchies are on his legs and feet, which are both hard to kiss and frequently gross, and I decided it was time to introduce the concept of traveling kisses. In other words, he comes to me with an ouchy, I kiss near it if that's an option and if not, I kiss his forehead and tell him that the kiss will travel to reach the ouchy. It worked great for, oh, about a week. And then?
Luke: Ouchy, ouchy, ouchy! Kiss it!
Me: *Mwah!*
Luke: No, that is NOT where the ouchy is. It was right here. *Points to a spot that is literally indistinguishable from the spot I just kissed.*
Me: It's okay, it'll travel over there, remember?
Luke, sighing: Kisses do NOT travel. Water travels. Cup milk travels. But kisses do not travel because kisses are not a liquid.
(How do you argue with that?)
On a similarly attitude-y note, last night, McMoose was reading to Luke and Weston kept trying to step on the book. (Side note: Weston is the most jealous little thing ever. The minute we try to read to/play with/cuddle with Luke, he is RIGHT THERE, wedging himself between us.) McMoose was using one hand to turn pages and the other hand to keep Weston from walking on the book. After trying for about a minute to get around McMoose, Weston took a step back and then bent down, got in McMoose's face, and roared as loudly as he could. It was the funniest, most obvious expression of frustration and aggression that I've ever seen from him. That kid is going to be quite the handful, I predict.
Luke: Ouchy, ouchy, ouchy! Kiss it!
Me: *Mwah!*
Luke: No, that is NOT where the ouchy is. It was right here. *Points to a spot that is literally indistinguishable from the spot I just kissed.*
Me: It's okay, it'll travel over there, remember?
Luke, sighing: Kisses do NOT travel. Water travels. Cup milk travels. But kisses do not travel because kisses are not a liquid.
(How do you argue with that?)
On a similarly attitude-y note, last night, McMoose was reading to Luke and Weston kept trying to step on the book. (Side note: Weston is the most jealous little thing ever. The minute we try to read to/play with/cuddle with Luke, he is RIGHT THERE, wedging himself between us.) McMoose was using one hand to turn pages and the other hand to keep Weston from walking on the book. After trying for about a minute to get around McMoose, Weston took a step back and then bent down, got in McMoose's face, and roared as loudly as he could. It was the funniest, most obvious expression of frustration and aggression that I've ever seen from him. That kid is going to be quite the handful, I predict.
No comments:
Post a Comment