Thing #341 that I didn't know about pre-school: They have spring break. Because, you know, the course load is really super stressful and the 5-and-under set need to just let loose and have some fun now and then. (Thing #342: They have school spirit week. That would be next week. Is it just me or is every single week something special? We're going to have to find crazy hats for crazy hat day and I'm going to have to convince Luke that it's okay to go to school with his clothes on inside out for inside out day.)
So. Spring break? It's been pretty great. I haven't woken up earlier than 8:30 at any point this week, which means that I haven't gone to bed earlier than midnight at any point this week. It actually feels like a spring break for me, too, even though in reality, the only thing that has changed this week is that I have six extra hours of having two kids instead of one. As an added bonus, my teacher friend and her kid are on spring break this week, too, so we have had all manner of fun times: a lazy day spent in the warm sunshine, a trip to the pool, playing with the train tables at the bookstore, going to see a puppet show. I could get used to spring break living. (Even if it does mean six extra hours of two kids instead of one.)
So. Spring break? It's been pretty great. I haven't woken up earlier than 8:30 at any point this week, which means that I haven't gone to bed earlier than midnight at any point this week. It actually feels like a spring break for me, too, even though in reality, the only thing that has changed this week is that I have six extra hours of having two kids instead of one. As an added bonus, my teacher friend and her kid are on spring break this week, too, so we have had all manner of fun times: a lazy day spent in the warm sunshine, a trip to the pool, playing with the train tables at the bookstore, going to see a puppet show. I could get used to spring break living. (Even if it does mean six extra hours of two kids instead of one.)
1 comment:
I've been playing (working) with preschoolers this week.
LOVE it.
Post a Comment