Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Cherry Pickin' Good Time

Spring has been really odd this year. It was cold and rainy and cold and rainy and cold and SNOWY and cold and rainy and then, all of a sudden, it was summer. No gradual progression. No subtle shifts in temperature. Just we went to bed and it was 40 degrees and we woke up and it was 75.

As a result, the trees? They're confused. Some of them still had dead, brown leaves on them up until last week and now, they're suddenly in full summer color. Which means that the annual 2-3 weeks of cherry blossom blooming in our neighborhood was shortened to five days. My favorite part of the year and it was a measly five days.

Luckily for me, we're planning to go visit my mom and stepdad in D.C. this weekend and hey, guess what? IT'S CHERRY BLOSSOM TIME in D.C.! So I get to see my fill of cherry blossoms. (And also, I'll be able to post my annual cherry blossom pictures next week since I didn't even take any pictures before the blossoms fell and turned into leaves here in our neighborhood.)

No comments: