Thursday, April 29, 2010

Does This Count As A Bullet Post?

I had to add an extra, mid-month "Things Luke is doing" post because (a) it seems like he learns something new EVERYDAY and (b) if I don't write it down, I'm going to forget it and writing it down here is just so much easier than hunting down the baby book, finding the right page, and then writing in super-tiny handwriting to get everything to fit.

  • I think I mentioned last week that he knows how to take off his pants now? Yeah. Apparently, taking off one's pants is the GREATEST THING EVER and must be repeated at least 20 times a day. Needless to say, the kid's going to be wearing a lot of rompers and overalls this summer.
  • The walking is really starting to take off this week. He can walk from one room to another...he can walk in sand...he can walk in his new sandals...in fact, he's starting to try to run. Granted, at the moment, most of his attempts at running end with a face plant into the carpet, but I see what's coming and I'm afraid. (So are the animals.)
  • He gives hugs. The best hugs EVER. Except the cat doesn't think so. He wrestles Yellow Cat to the ground, halfway crawls onto him and then ever so gently hugs him and puts his head on Yellow Cat's back or belly. Yellow Cat is soooooo not pleased.
  • Yesterday, we went to the playground, where Luke was trying to eat every piece of rock/gravel/wood chip. One time, he looked straight at me and put something in his mouth...or so I thought. So I asked him what in the world he was eating now and he gets a huge grin, reaches into his mouth, and pulls out...NOTHING. And then, says "Haaaaa!" Because apparently, he now understands How To Trick People And Then Laugh At Them.
  • Also at the playground, he walked up to a random dog and started barking at it. The dog seemed confused.
  • Other Baby and Luke now have crawling races. Most of the time, Other Baby is far behind because Luke has been doing this crawling thing for 4 months now and Other Baby only JUST started, but the times when it looks like Other Baby is going to catch up, Luke quickly reaches out and TRIPS him. Not cool, dude. Not cool.

No comments: