Monday, April 12, 2010

Sprung

At the start of every season, I decide that that's my favorite season. Winter is always highly exciting because of the possibility of snow, however remote. Summer is great because there are pools and trail walks and up until this year, summer break. Fall? Very pretty, lots of birthdays, Halloween, thanksgiving, etc. But right now, the benefits of Spring outweigh all the rest by far.

I'm loving the new-green color of the trees, the recently returned birds, the fact that we can once again venture out without worrying about a coat. I love wearing flip-flops and I really love all the warm weather clothes I got to buy Luke this past weekend. But the really great thing about Spring is that it's always filled with a sense of wonder.

By the time Summer rolls around, it's easy to take all the awesome-ness of warm weather for granted. Especially when "warm" has turned to "blisteringly hot" and just stepping outside saps you of all your energy. But right now, everything is still a novelty and it's just SO MUCH FUN!

(Added benefit of Spring this year: having a baby who (a) enjoys being outside and (b) takes great naps after playing outside)

((Not so great thing about the warm weather? The wasps have returned to our porch. Buzz.))

No comments: