Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trifecta

We had a terrible, horrible, very bad, no good day yesterday. Weston refused to nap all morning, so he was a grumpy, screaming mess. Luke was acting spectacularly like a two-year-old, ignoring everything I said and moving at the speed of an especially slow glacier. And I was tired and stressed and impatient. All in all, not a good combination.

Today, on the other hand, has been fabulous. We met some friends for some playtime, where Luke went off and built a whole city out of legos while Weston napped like an angel. We went out to a Thai place for lunch, where Luke ate all his food and kept himself busy at the table (without even a high chair or crayons!), and Weston sat quietly on my lap while I ate. And now, they're both asleep. And of course, today, I'm feeling well-rested and happy and I have patience to spare.

So why is it that when one of us has a bad day, we ALL have a bad day? It would be so much easier if we could schedule it such that only one of us is acting nutty on any given day. I'm pretty sure the answer is that when I'm grouchy, they both pick up on it and it feeds their craziness, which is the worst. system. ever. It's amazing the species has survived this long because I'm pretty sure that if I were a mama tiger who was having a rough day and my tiger babies started biting my tail and clawing my ears? I'd probably just eat them.

1 comment:

Linda said...

sorry about the rough day - they definitely happen, but everyone survives. Glad you experience far more of the wonderful days - and hope you all get some good deep sleep soon!