3: The number of children currently in my home.
2: The number of children who are happily and cooperatively playing upstairs, away from me, without any of the issues that would have cropped up and required my intervention just a couple of months ago.
1: The number of children who are being kept downstairs and grumbling periodically about that fact.
14: The number of times I've repeated some variation of the phrase, "You are so disappointed about having to stay downstairs while the big boys are upstairs. You really wish you could be up there with them. We're staying down here anyway."
17: The number of odd chores I've sent him on to distract him. "Can you bring me the broom?" "Can you make me some pretend soup with mushrooms and carrots?" "Can you find a dress up hat to put on Yellow Cat?" etc.
3: The number of times Yellow Cat has grumbled at us for including him in such activities.
4: The number of times I've reminded someone about the potty.
6: The number of cups of almond milk I've refilled.
28: The number of pipe cleaners that are scattered across my living room.
100: The number of times I would like to relive today, just for the simple joy of hearing the big ones giggling upstairs and cuddling the little one on my lap.
2: The number of children who are happily and cooperatively playing upstairs, away from me, without any of the issues that would have cropped up and required my intervention just a couple of months ago.
1: The number of children who are being kept downstairs and grumbling periodically about that fact.
14: The number of times I've repeated some variation of the phrase, "You are so disappointed about having to stay downstairs while the big boys are upstairs. You really wish you could be up there with them. We're staying down here anyway."
17: The number of odd chores I've sent him on to distract him. "Can you bring me the broom?" "Can you make me some pretend soup with mushrooms and carrots?" "Can you find a dress up hat to put on Yellow Cat?" etc.
3: The number of times Yellow Cat has grumbled at us for including him in such activities.
4: The number of times I've reminded someone about the potty.
6: The number of cups of almond milk I've refilled.
28: The number of pipe cleaners that are scattered across my living room.
100: The number of times I would like to relive today, just for the simple joy of hearing the big ones giggling upstairs and cuddling the little one on my lap.
No comments:
Post a Comment