Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Rainbow Pants

The other day, Weston was rummaging around in the back of my closet and came out holding one of my old sweaters. It used to be one of my favorites in college, but is too short for me now. (Aside: several of the shirts and sweaters that used to fit me fine are now too short for my post-two-kids body. How does that work? I haven't gotten any taller, and yet...) 

Weston is currently a fan of all things multi-colored, so he held out the sweater and asked, with an enormous grin, "Is this mine rainbow shirt?"

"No," I replied, "it used to be mine."

"Aww," he said, disappointed, "I want this rainbow shirt."

"It's too big for you...but maybe I can make some rainbow pants for you."

"Huh? Rainbow pants?" he asked, as the grin reappeared. So of course, rainbow pants (um...leggings?) had to happen...  
The original sweater.
Rainbow pants!
I'm pretty sure this kid is double-jointed because why do his legs bend in that direction?!

No comments: