We took Luke out "hiking" on a trail yesterday. And by hiking, I mean that we let the Dog lead us down a trail that was 0.6 miles long. McMoose spent the entire time looking for "cool caterpillars." I spent the entire time looking for not-so-cool snakes. And poison ivy. And mosquitoes. And bees. And serial killers. Because if I were a serial killer, I would totally hide in the forest if I were looking for my next victim.
Of course, because the trail was just over half a mile long, we were able to walk it in No Time At All, even going at the Dog's pace, so we decided to walk around the nearby lake for a while. Sadly, we did not think to take a camera, but oh, how I wish we had because I've never seen Luke's eyes wider or bluer. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen that kid happier. I mean, not only did he not cry for 45 whole minutes, but he actually looked around, seemingly interested in something outside of himself. And? He made happy noises. HAPPY NOISES! I was starting to doubt whether that kid had the ability to make happy noises because so far, most of his noises have been more along the lines of "Let me tell you what's wrong with the world today."
So apparently, in addition to having McMoose's eyes and hair and ears and mouth and head and fingers and toes, he ALSO has his appreciation of the outdoors. Which means that I better get over my fear of snakes and bees and serial killers because apparently, I'm going to be spending a whole lot more time outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a fun time hiking and being outdoors. I know how much David, Stephen and Jim love being outside. Luke doesn't fall far from the tree in that category.
Post a Comment