Last week was a big one for Luke (aka
Tookie, The
Manicus, Smalls, and Chompers) because not only did he turn 6 weeks old and meet his grandpa from Canada for the first time, but he also figured out how to smile AND roll over. Like I said, a pretty big week. The rolling over was apparently not as exciting as he had expected because after spending an entire morning trying to figure it out, he rolled a handful of times and hasn't done it again since. Of course, I've been promising him ice cream and Transformers if he'll do it again, but as it turns out, he doesn't quite understand the concept of a bribe yet.
Smiling, on the other hand, has been a huge hit, in no small part because
McMoose and I make such a big deal out of it. You'd think he'd just called manna down from the heavens, the way we carry on, but it's the first piece of evidence that there's a person in there. And let's be honest here, there's only so much time you can spend playing with someone who just stares blankly off into space. So the smiling, it's a big improvement. Much more conducive to conversation. Plus, it opens up all kinds of photo ops:



And, just to combat all that sweetness, he has also perfected his oh-so-fierce frown:
4 comments:
Turning over at six weeks!? Thats incredible! Most babies don't roll over til three months!!
Wow. Sam and I are both impressed about the rolling over. It is wonderful when babies begin to show their personalities. They are such neat little "creatures". I enjoy watching the person show through.
Noah has yet to really, truly roll over without my assistance! Go Luke!
Too cute! I can't wait to see my precious nephew next week!
Post a Comment