Friday, June 5, 2009

Twilight Zone of Clothing

McMoose and I decided early on to split up the chores (in other words, I decided that I hated cleaning the litter box and doing the dishes, so those chores were passed on to McMoose). In the process, I inherited the laundry, which I've been doing with reasonable regularity for the past three years or so now. Except here's the thing: along with the coming of the baby, there has also been an exponential increase in the laundry. So I'm kinda feeling like I got the raw end of this particular deal.

And the odd thing is, most of what I'm washing ISN'T BABY LAUNDRY. It's McMoose's and my clothes. Apparently, we now go through about three times as much laundry than we did four short weeks ago. Someone want to explain that phenomenon to me? And also, what did people do back when they only owned two or three outfits? Wash every two hours? Walk around with baby slime all over them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back the old days, they would wear aprons or bibs over their clothing to catch all of that stuff; wear the same outfit each day; but different covers. You must also remember they didn't take baths like we do. Imagine that.