- I've had a lot of time to analyze baby clothing recently and here's what I've decided: We're spending way too much time and money training our babies to expect lives filled with wild, ferocious animals. At least 75% of Luke's clothing pictures one (or more) of the following: a bear, a lion, a tiger, an alligator, or a dinosaur. And most of those same items of clothing also feature the phrases "Chomp," "Grr," or "Roar." Seems to me it would be far more useful if his onesies had helpful tips for him about how not to scream during diaper changes. I'd much rather he learn that useful skill than learning how to chomp because honestly? The child already has powerful chomping skills and as the person he currently chomps on, I really don't see the need to encourage them any further.
- The kid spent all of yesterday being a complete beast, which is to say that he refused to sleep for longer than 15 minutes at a time. In contrast, he has spent all day sleeping today. Which further reinforces my belief that he thinks each day actually lasts 48 hours and 24 of those hours are for being awake and the other 24 are for being asleep. I've believed this to be true ever since my 6th month of pregnancy, when he would spend an entire day kicking, and then I wouldn't feel him moving AT ALL the next day.
- Yellow Cat has decided that his new favorite activity is to sit on my lap and lick Luke's head while I'm feeding him. Luke is decidedly unhappy with this new development.
- The Dog has been "trapped" under the crib all morning. Since he knows perfectly well how to go in and out from under there, I'm not sure why he suddenly thinks he's trapped, but it keeps him out of trouble...although it is annoying when, every 20 minutes or so, he scratches ferociously at the carpet in an attempt to get untrapped. Come to think of it, maybe Luke's onesies should have a picture of the Dog, along with the caption "Dumbest Animal Alive."
Monday, June 1, 2009
Monday Bullets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahaha...love the first bullet!
Post a Comment