Last night, I fed the baby from 9 to 10, then went to bed at 10:30...and found myself waking up at 4:45 a.m., to the sound of a lightly fussing baby. That's over SIX hours. Of sleep. Blissful, uninterrupted sleep. And then, later this morning, we took a two hour nap together, bringing the grand total to 8 hours (my fingers are shivering with excitement just to type that sentence). And now, he's asleep again. In his crib. Where he has been for the past two hours.
Since I've pretty much OD'd on sleep, I took the past two hours as an opportunity to catch up on email...commune with the cats...start the laundry...drink some tea...clean the bathroom...drink more tea...and now, for the first time in 6 and a half weeks, I'm BORED.
I know I should enjoy this nothing-to-do feeling. I know that in all likelihood, he'll wake up every two hours tonight. I know that he probably won't nap like this again until his first birthday. I know all of this, and yet, here I sit, beside the crib, willing the kid to wake up so that I'll have someone to play with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
teeheehee
Post a Comment