Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Word Power

McMoose and I have been having great fun listening to Luke as he becomes more verbal, so I wanted to share some of the recent pearls:
  • I've been experimenting with some new recipes lately, some of which have been successful and others that have been found lacking in some way. Last night, for instance, I made the most labor intensive omelet ever. Now, omelets aren't that unusual, right? So I thought that maybe Luke would like to try a piece. Ha! His comment when he saw what was on McMoose's plate was, "Eww, a bug!" Thanks, kid.
  • We go to story time at the bookstore every week and of course, the highlight of the trip is not so much the books or the songs, but the trains. This morning, when I asked Luke if he wanted to go listen to stories, he perked up and said, "Yes! Choo-choo!"
  • He now calls himself "Guk." Actually, he calls himself "Biiiig Guk."
  • As parents go, we must be pretty lazy because there are many times when he asks for a particular toy or object and we reply with, "I don't know where the ____ is." As a result, his first quasi-sentence was "No-know ___ is." And oh, is he proud of this one because he says it all. day. long.
  • But my very favorite? "Bye." That's right. That one, simple little word has made my life eight-hundred times easier, at least. Why, you ask? Because now, when it's time to leave the book store trains or the playground or the rocks and sticks outside our apartment, I can tell him it's time to say bye-bye to them, AND HE DOES. And then, he walks away. No screaming. No tantrums. Just a quick little "bye" and off we go. To steal a catch phrase from McDonald's, I'm lovin' it.

No comments: