Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Developments

  • The weather has apparently been paying close attention to the calendar recently because all through September, it was hot and hot and then hot some more. And then, October came around and it's positively Autumn-like. I'm liking it!
  • Luke understands way more than I give him credit for sometimes. This morning, at the park, he wanted to swing a giant stick around, so I told him he'd have to take it away from where the people were. He responded by running out to a grassy patch, doing his ninja tricks for a few minutes, and then putting the stick down and saying "Bye-bye" to it before rejoining Other Baby in the sandbox. I was left scratching my head because how come he can understand all that, but he STILL doesn't understand not to throw food off the high chair?
  • We've been attacked by a deluge of moths. Yes, a deluge. They. Are. Everywhere. And apparently, their favorite hiding place is between the wooden boards on our stairs, probably because they can fly up at you when you step near them and scare you to death. Luke has been loving this development and every time we go down the stairs, he stops every few steps, bends down, says "Hi, Moth!" and waits for them to attack his face. This game is not one of my favorites.

No comments: